Thursday, December 2, 2010

To my husband

As I was cleaning through my closet today, and I found a diary that I wrote a note in... a prayer....this is what it said:

Monday, November 20, 2006

To My Husband,

      I met you today. It was an average day, but words cannot explain how extraordinary it became after we spoke. It brought me so much joy to hear your voice. We laughed like we always do0- the kind where you can't stop smiling because you can't believe he loves you, too.
     I say I met you today not because this is the first day I know you were “it” for- but because the conversation we had tonight reminds me that today is yet another consecutive day that I am just taken back by what God has blessed me with. The days have not ceased in adding daily in number since we met.
    You are incredible. A man so loving, so gentle, so passionate, so smart... such a man of faith & Biblical wisdom & guidance. I hope you are the man who places that ring on my finger, the man I get to stay up late with, just talking about life and family, and work, the man I get to giggle with, the man who prays with me. You already do all these things. You shower me with affirmations, encouragement, and wisdom. I want you to be the man, Scooby Doo, who holds my pregnant belly and kisses him or her and says “I hope they look just like you.” I hope we can drink coffee in bed in the mornings on our lazy Saturdays- and then put down our coffee because we've found other ways to occupy our time. Then maybe its waking up at 4 or so so we have a few quiet precious hours to ourselves before we have to get the kids up and ready for dance and soccer and tee-ball. You will be the best Dad. I love you so much. Someday, I'm going to get to hold your hands as I fall asleep. That will be the best thing ever.

                                                        I love you sweetheart,
                                                             Kristi

And my dreams came true....


August 2006 - Scooby Doo Meeting the family, our 2nd week dating




November 2006  (and when I knew.... and wrote that letter above)

The day he proposed, October 4, 2008, Tahoe
Our first picture engaged!
Our wedding day!

 
May 2, 2009

Our Honeymoon, May 4, 2009


April 2010
 Kissing our daughter; telling her how much he loves her

June 2010 - Our Growing Family



The love of my life
My Husband, and a great Dad

 Thank you Lord............

2 comments: