Friday, September 16, 2011

Blanca Isabel Ramos Molina

Blanca
July 21, 1988 - September 8, 2011

I met you when I was 16, and in my second year of high school. You didn't speak much English, and I didn't speak much Spanish, but both of us had taken French in school. So our conversations were a mix of three different languages. It was the perfect code so others couldn't listen in to all of our talk about boys, our dreams, life, and more. Over the next 4 years I went to Mexico, I was able to see you each time- even when I didn't go with my home church and I was in college. What a blessing. I loved laughing with you. Truthfully, you were the reason I went to Mexico. God started our friendship, and He did so much more. Lots has changed since then, but I will never ever forget you. When I think of Mexicali, I think of you and Jalapa, and I praise the Lord for kindling our friendship. I pray now for your baby girl and husband; I can't bear to know their grief. I rejoice that you are no longer in pain; rejoice that you fought till the end. I'm sorry the end came so soon.



2 comments:

  1. What wonderful things to say about her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. So sad. You lost a friend but what a memory...

    I'm guessing she helped open the world beyond the US in such a tangible way. And that's such a blessing, to know someone like that.

    Praying for her family!

    Katie N.

    ReplyDelete