Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Right before our very eyes.....

"Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman



"You're picking up toys on the living room floor
for the 15th time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
Well let me remind you it all matters just as long as you

Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you

Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do" 



This morning for breakfast I had a few handfuls of M&Ms, a couple dessert mints, some week old cornbread, a cup of warmed up coffee with 2 tablespoons hot chocolate and a load of vanilla creamer, and I'm debating about having a slice of last nights homemade by the one and only Scooby Doo- garlic & pepporoni pizza. I am officially a Mom of two.


Smiles is a month and a half old, and YumYum turned seventeen months old day before yesterday. Time is flying by faster than I can blog, so here are some tid bitds so I never forget how great of a time this was....

Smiles
- My bond with you is indescribable. You are such a gift. I love the talks that we share while we snuggle during the day since we were both up all night. You make me so proud.
- You are eating and growing like a champ. You've definitely put on weight, and have grown into your newborn clothes... we had to start with premie. *See below*

Your Birthday

This morning


- You definitely have two cheek dimples when you smile. They're not symmetrical, and they make me smile every time. Grandmie (Scooby Doo's mom) said she spotted a dimple on your chin this weekend. I don't doubt it!
- You only cry when you're not being held, or when you have a dirty diaper, have to burp- but when I hold you all day, you are definitely the world's "easiest baby".
- Your nights and days are still switched up. I return to work in two weeks, so hopefully that changes soon.
- You are very strong. The day you were born you could hold your neck up for up to probably 10 seconds. Now you just keep it up whenever we're lying down with you or holding you. You love to see what's going on. Everyone who holds you comments on how incredibly strong you are.
- Your hair is like mine was as a baby, brown. Friends say you look like me.
- You "toot" and burp like a grown man.
- We have been blessed with hand-me-downs!!!! Oh my word. We are so grateful!
- You love your sister.

- You can track us with your eyes now and sometimes even choose to do it. :) You follow us and I love that we can watch you as you develop.
- You make the cutest noise sometimes after you sneeze. It is by far my favorite gesture on your part, and sounds like a "Ooohhhh". It's soooooo cute.

- Since your arrival, I started drinking coffee for the first time in my life- every morning.

YumYum

This is a conversation that happened about a week ago, that cracks me up. It sums up my experience with parenting a learning child so far....

Me: YumYum, you need to chew your food.

YumYum: "choo choo" (uses sign language for train)

Me: OK, slow down. You don't want to eat too much baby girl.

YumYum: TWO! (Holds up two fingers).

Awww I love my little girl!


-My love for you has grown so much as I daily watch you embracing your role as big sister. You have tried to feed Smiles your snack gummies, and you always try to give him your pacifier. When- he's crying you immediately say "uh-oh" countless times, and get as close to him as possible, giving him "kisses", which is when you lean as close as you can to him and put your cheek to his head or chest.



- You love to try and sing the "ABC"s, but you only really have the A and B down, but you're already starting to learn about the letter F in daycare this week!
- Your artwork is everywhere in our home, and I love it. You do lots and lots of projects at daycare, and you love explaining it when we get home. You just talk and talk and talk about it.... we're still trying to figure out what you're saying, but you're very proud.

- I wasn't a big fan of the artwork you drew on our bathroom door with a pen. But Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to the rescue!
- You still LOVE to dance, and even break out your moves when there is a jingle in a commercial. Dancing is one thing that ALWAYS puts you in a good mood. Your dancing normally involves turning yourself into countless circles until you fall down (*then repeat*), or your head bobbing back and forth.

- You're talking so much now. Please, thank you, up please, and no are a part of your regular vocabulary. This weekend, you debuted "mine". For the record- I am NOT a fan.

- You snuck candy for the first time this morning. You know that you weren't supposed to touch it, but while I was making coffee you climbed up on to the couch and reached over to the end table, and enjoyed several candy corn. You were guilty when your chewing took more than the normal ten minutes. :)

- MacGyver continues to be one of your favorite people to read books with. And you can clearly say "Shiner" now when Aunt Shiner visits for your Monday night dates together. :)



- You get the most joy from the simplest things. Like last night, you & I emptied out Poppee & Meemee's (my parents) large cooler that we had borrowed this weekend. It still had a lot of ice in it. We spent a solid fifteen or twenty minutes CRACKING UP as we dug our hands and our toes into the cold ice pile, well after you should have been in bed. You then tried to eat some of the smaller chunks, and I let you. You love getting dirty in your play, taking too big of bites, and testing the boundaries when someone says "no".

 -We have resurrected the saying "is that a wise decision" in order to stop sounding like a broken tape recorder. You still understand that it means "no", but you try it anyway.


- You grow more and more beautiful every day, inside and out.




I'm sure I'll add more later, but those are the things that come to mind. I love you dear ones....




Love,~Mom

2 comments:

  1. This is super sweet. It makes me simultaneously excited and scared to take on two. Thanks for paving the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a keepsake. You know that one day they'll read this and it will warm their hearts. You're such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete