Thursday, February 23, 2012

I love my Grandma TTHHHIISSSSSS MUCH!!

I wrote the below letter to my Grandma, who is simply awesome. We recently found out that she has cancer again, and unfortunately, this time there is a lot of it. To heal her would take a lot of invasive procedures, and chemo and radiation are too much for her to go through again. She is an absolutely amazing woman. Her and Grandpa have been married for something crazy like 63 years or something. They live around the corner from us, and I am SO GRATEFUL. I love that I have such a great relationship with my Mom's parents. They're the best. I wrote this email to my Grandma this morning, and wanted to write it on my blog so that other people could know how much she means to me, and how amazing of a woman she really is. Because of Meemee, we are pretty darn blessed.
 
---
February 23, 2012
 
Hi Grandma,
 
I was just thinking about you and praying for you. You were in my thoughts all day yesterday.
 
Mom called and told me about the biopsy results. I'm sad, and I don't know what to say - but I want you to know I'm here for you and I love you. If you want to play cards, if you want to talk/vent, if you need someone to listen, or if you just want to hang out with your granddaughter or great-grand babies, say the word- and I'm there. Obviously there is a lot going on right now, and I would assume you and Grandpa need some quiet time to process and collect your thoughts. When you feel it would be appropriate and you are ready, I would love to bring the kids over to play. Smiles turns six months old on March 2nd, and YumYum will be two on May 15th. Where did the time go? I used to hate when other people would say that, but now I understand. I blink my eyes- and the things that felt like yesterday are long gone.
 
God is good. I have so much to be thankful for. I am so grateful that you & Grandpa moved closer to us when you did. You've been able to be a part of my high school and college years. You've seen me walk down the aisle, and played solitaire with me as we waited for the ceremony to start. You were the first person that I told when I thought I was preganant... YumYum arrived 9 months later. You knew before even I knew for sure, and ScoobyDoo, or my parents.... I didn't know for sure yet- but I was so excited to tell you. I remember your reaction. "Oh boy"- and your sly grin.  You were there in the hospital when my daughter was born, and you've held and soothed my son since his arrival. I can't believe we are done having babies, and I am SO GLAD that our children have had the opportunity to be loved and love, their great grandparents. What a blessing. So much of the wisdom you have given me in your words, encouragement, and even just by your presence- I will continue to use as my "fuel" moving forward. And I hope that I can help fuel your heart and encourage you in the time ahead. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm so glad that I'm able to experience it with you, and be a part of your life. It is an honor, and so much fun.
 
Know that I'm here for you, and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to call or email.
 
I love you,
007
 
My Grandparents with Baby Smiles (Christmas 2011)

Grandma and I
 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So well said, 007! Love Grandma sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete