Friday, February 10, 2012

What? My husband is Matthew Lillard?

So here’s the 411 on the 007.

Ha. That sounded a lot more clever in my head than it reads.

Lame.

Well in hopes that he can remain anonymous, I won’t describe how I know the friend whose advice it was for me to take down a particular blog post that I wrote last month about work. I had mixed feelings when he cautioned me that a blog with so many specifics could come back to bite me. Scooby Doo has heard stories of several co-workers that have been fired for blogging confidential information, but forgetting to remain anonymous. I took the post down, and I explained to my husband, and to myself, why I loved blogging.

Unlike journaling, when I blog I’m writing to a live audience. My personality is a people-pleaser, so often I jump on the whim of a hope, and leap at the sign of a hurdle, without giving it second thought. In blogging, I am able to receive confirmation for or against my actions, and it helps keep me in check.

I like to make other people happy. When I blog, I think about what I want. It’s an outlet for creativity, dreaming, optimisim, and realisim- all wrapped up in one.

Much like a Christian community, like the church, my blogging community is comprised of many “family” members. I trust that they will encourage me in my struggles, and speak frankly with me when I ask for their thoughts. I am consistently pleasantly surprised when I so eagerly read the comments from others on my blog site.

Because I don’t often have the time, or emotional energy, to express to each of my friends what is going on in my life, a blog provides me the avenue for keeping people informed, and provides them with specific ways to pray for our family.

So I’ve decided to make my blog anonymous. In my head, being anonymous means not showing your face, and speaking behind a black curtain with one of those voice distorters that makes you say almost instinctively, “Luke, I am your Father”. So I’m not quite sure how to be anonymous when I’m blogging. Here’s how I’m starting:

-         I’m not making specific references to where I live, where I go to work or play, or who I work with.
-         I will not name any one person by their real name, unless they were an acquaintance to me as they would be to you.

I think this is a good start. Do you have any suggestions? The thought of leaving this blogging site, even though it’s in its infant stages, and just starting a new one- I couldn’t bear. Unfortunately, there is no “find and replace in every post and comment” button that I can do. So I’ve having to re-read every post and comment, editing for specifics. Has anyone thought of a better way to do this?

Here’s how I came up with the nicknames:

My husband is Scooby Doo. Throughout our time together, people have continually said that he looks like the actor who plays Shaggy in Scooby Doo. I don’t see it – AT ALL. I think my husband is INSANLY attractive and I wouldn’t look twice at the Shaggy actor. Or so I thought. When we were dating, his roommates showed me a picture where my soon-to-be husband was kneeling next to the television, and the TV was paused with that guy on the screen, Matthew Lillard. I saw no resemblance.




To refresh my memory, I googled photos of Matthew Lillard. And… well, they were right. He does look a lot like my husband.



But my husband is still way sexier. But in order to refrain from calling my husband, “my husband” every time I mention him, I decided to just call him his Doppelgänger’s name, or at least- who I thought he played on TV. So I decided to call my husband “Scooby Doo”. Well, it looks like I pulled a “007” (my name). Matthew Lillard didn’t play Scooby Doo; he played Shaggy. Scooby Doo was the dog. Oops. Sorry babe. I love you Scooby, Scooby Doooooo.



My daughter eats like no one’s business. She LOVES food. And I love her, so she is Yum Yum.



This morning when I went to see if my son was awake, I found him lying on his back, grabbing his toes. He gave me the biggest smile as he released his toes, and rolled on to his stomach. He is such a happy kid. I can’t wait to see how he grows. He will be Smiles.



My husband’s brother lives with us, and it’s awesome. He’s a great guy, and Yum Yum absolutely ADORES him. You’ll have to read Smiles’ birth story to read why I’m calling him McGyver.





I have two sisters.













The first is 15 months younger than me, and I’m going to call her Paula Deen because this woman (my sister, not Paula) (well, maybe Paula) can do ANYTHING. She can cook the best meals, she can craft something out of nothing, and she does it all with a smile and a cheer. And she looks WAY better than Paula Deen! My sister is absolutely stunning. She’s ridiculously entergetic, optimistic, and creative. And when I think of Paul Deen, those are the characteristics that I think of. Call me crazy.

My other sister is 10 years younger than me, and I’ve called her Shiner. It’s OKAY, but I’m not in love with the name quite yet. Originally, I was trying to think of a nick name that could encapsulate her ability to witness the Gospel to everyone. She’s a walking evangelist, and does it by being herself. She has a servant’s heart, who loves the Lord, and is absolutely Goo-Goo-Gaa-Gaa for Jesus. She’s also a great dancer, and gets more bruises than anyone I’ve ever known. So I though Shiner would fit her well. Do you have any other suggestions?


Let’s see… who else…..

Meemee and Poppee are my parents, Grandmie and Grandpie are Scooby Doo’s Parents. (is that how it’s spelt?)

Scooby Doo’s old roommate, and one of our close friends, is called Aces. I decided to call him that because Aces enjoys playing cards, and that’s the first thing that came into in my head. But the more I thought about it, the more fitting it become. Aces is truly a stand up guy. He is a gentleman (yes, you.), and he really is quite a great Dad and husband. I’m glad my husband has friends like him. Even though I’m sure they’ve gotten into plenty of trouble together, they’ve also always been there for one another. It’s friends like Aces who stick around no matter what.




Oh, and me! I’m 007. My sister (Paula Deen) and I always would write secret notes back and forth. Somewhere along the lines she named me 007 after James Bond’s character, or I came up with it. Paula, do you remember? Maybe you can email me and I can add it to this post….

OH! I almost forgot about Bob. He's Bob cause he just looks like a Bob.


Before his first haircut....

Now....


Well that’s all for now. I’m sure more nicknames will need to be invented down my blogging journey.


Until then,
Just a drink, a martini, shaken, not stirred,


007


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of using nicknames to identify the people you talk about in your blog. I've wondered about saying too much or even posting pictures. I've decided to try to avoid using names, but I love the nickname idea.

    ReplyDelete