Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 4 - Red Cabbage, Really?

As I was home taking care of smiles, he's had the flu :(, ScoobyDoo pleasantly surprised me during his lunch break for a quick hello and a yummy juice for lunch. When he gets his mind on something, he runs with it. One of the reasons I love him. He's juiced 8 out of the last 10 meals! Way to go babe!

So Scooby Doo started throwing the below mixture together, and I must say, I am amazed. He is a master at making the weirdest combinations taste really, quite good.

Mode: Juicer

Supplies: We've added some unsalted butter and eggs to our kitchen, but these were for sugar cookies. (I've felt inspired lately by my Test Kitchen Cook Book! It rocks!) We haven't purchased anything new for juicing.

Day 4: Cabbage Say What? - 1 Apple, 1 Orange, 1 Pear, 1 Zucchini, 3 Stalks of Celery, 8 Carrots, 1/5 head of red cabbage

*None of the above ingredients were peeled or cored or de-seeded in any way. Check out this site to see how to prep stuff. He doesn't mention that whole apples are okay, but I've seen other TV juicers do it. (So it must be ok RIGHT?! It's on TV!!) :)

Servings: 4 Servings.

Rating: I give this one a 4.5 out of 5 stars. Simply for the fact that it has red cabbage in it, and it doesn't taste absolutely disguising. It's actually quite tolerable. Well done hubby.

Inspiration of the Day: Common Juicing Mistakes



*Truth be told, the video is a bit long, (4 minutes... long for me I guess), but there's some good advice about the balance between vegetables and fruit.


Cheers! And Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment