Thursday, April 25, 2013

Seek Justice, Love Mercy

"...and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. - Micah 6:8 (NLV)


Hi. My name is 007, and I usually follow that up with a credential or title. I have two kids, I work full time as a case manager, I've had several jobs, I've lived and grown up in the same area most of my life, ... etc. Nothing remarkable right? A long time ago at camp, I wrote down the best introduction of myself, and wanted to go by nothing else. I'm not sure when I stopped using it, but tonight I remember how much I love it.

Hi. My name is 007, and I am a child of God. I am a precious daughter of Christ; the One who made and sculpted the Universe in all of its infinity, detail, mystery- created me. Plain Jane? I think not! Created in His image I am creative, funny (yes I think God has a great sense of humor), and smart.

Who are you? What do you identify by? Your career, marital status? So and so's somebody? Or a child, preciously, intently, specifically made by Christ?

1 comment:

  1. I love who you are. <3 I agree with everything you said too. My answer would redefine itself every so often, because God doesn't like when we are comfortable. (insert sad face here) God calls us to be challenged in His name, for His glory. My goals haven't "changed" so much, but rather, they have been "fine tuned." I think your's have done the same.

    -- In fact, just this morning I was praying for both you and I, and thinking about how, as kids, we both knew what God has called us to. For you, it's always been missions- specifically leading women and helping them to know God's love through outreach in sometimes very uncomfortable/dangerous situations. For me, it's always been children- rescuing children so that they could know God's love through loving care givers. Over the years we've tried to pin point what EXACTLY God desired for us. You tried the public service route (police, EMT) among other things and found it wasn't the best fit. Similarly, I tried Behavioral therapy, and found it had an expiration date for me too. You tried an assistant job (kinda), helping other authorities do big things....when really God had called YOU to do big things- directly. So, obviously why would that work out? :) I tried very hard to MAKE the children I thought God wanted me to have, love, and teach. After years, we now have our beautiful son, but in the process (and now, going through it again and again and again) ...we learned that maybe Foster care and adoption will the route for us in the future. It's all making sense now. Well, more than it did 10 years ago. Like, why I was working at summer camps and teaching/defending the children who had no voice. And why you blossomed at Mission trips where women were treated very poorly..and all the rest of us on the same mission trips were silent, not knowing how to interact with people that have been through so much poverty, pain, and hurt. Now you're training to help people through sex trafficking. Finally- doing BIG missions work with WOMEN who need help in a BIG way. I'm not sure what, if anything, is "next" for us--- or how to identify myself with what God has called me to do--- because I'm constantly in prayer and trying to figure it out. Maybe the plan all along was to do exactly what we've done, and learn exactly what we've learned so that we can be exactly where we are..................

    :)-Britt

    ReplyDelete